If you’re on the lookout for some business books, then our recent West Berkshire hour Twitter chat threw up some interesting reading suggestions.
We had a teacher among our participants, so some slightly unusual recommendations:
- Drive by Daniel H Pink – “Particularly good if you manage staff…”
2. Linchpin by Seth Godin – “Why it’s so important to make yourself indispensable and put everything you can into your work.”
3. For entrepreneurs with big ideas: A travel guide from big idea to business case by John Jukes – “a witty and readable guide for youngsters wondering whether self employment is for them and how to go about it”
4. Creative Schools: revolutionising education from the ground-up by Sir Ken Robinson – “A vision on how schools could be transformed to ensure that all children flourish”
5. Purple cow – transform your business by being remarkable – Seth Godin
How to stand out from the crowd and make your business truly exceptional
7. The four hour work week – Tim Ferriss – “an absolute game changer – I realised that for years, I’d been working for years to make someone else rich”
So, please let us know of any that we missed that should be on the list and let us know what you think of the books here. Also, if you’re local to West Berkshire and want to network without leaving your house, then please come and join us! We chat on Twitter every Wednesday from 7pm to 8pm using the hashtag #wberkshour
Please note there may be affiliate links in the post.